Accounting Tree offer services for most Cloud Based Accounting services to serves small businesses, start-ups, and individuals. However, the reason to opt for cloud based accounting must be duly evaluated as it may present various advantages as well disadvantages for your specific business / industry. Some key factors include.
- Integration and portability with other popular third party applications and programs.
- Online (access from anywhere) / Offline access or both.
- Backups and upgrade requirement.
- Capital cost vs. Running cost
- Scalability and Plans for long term growth and expansion.
- Features vs cost
- Ease of use and training.
Several cloud accounting companies are vying for the accounting and related services, targeting Startups, micro and small businesses.: Quick Books Online, Xero, Cheqbook, Kashoo, Wave, Zoho Books, and FreshBooks.
One of the informative reports, presented by Forbers in 2013, is a good start for reviewing the factors before making a selection for cloud services.
Another Article, though published in 2013, present additional information about realistic expectation from Cloud Accounting Softwares/Platform.